Wednesday, April 2, 2008

4 days to go . . .

Well, with only four days to go until my recital I am feeling excited and full of joy!  My mom will be here from Hawaii and many friends from church and school are expected to attend.  I am at the point where I know I need to go back to the basics of the text and remember the stories I am telling.  After all, we are performers, not just singing machines.  People say "Have Fun!"  "Relax!"  But also - tell me a story.  

Most audiences want to feel as if they are captured up into another world.  People may walk away discussing your breath support or the purity of your "oo" vowel, but more likely they will remember what they felt through the stories you told.  Or, they'll just be bored and forget everything.  

So, my challenge to myself is to "Have Fun!" "Relax!" and tell the story!

No comments: